Zurich Canada launches Transportation Package Policy specially designed for the unique British Columbia market place
Toronto, ON, June 1, 2011 – Zurich, a leading insurer of transportation risks in North America, has announced the introduction of its British Columbia Transportation (BCT) package policy.
“This package policy responds to the needs of professionally managed B.C. transportation companies by offering products for their fleet, warehousing, cargo, property and liability exposures,” said Angelique Magi, National Director of Transportation for Commercial Markets, Zurich Canada. “Having one insurance company provide a holistic solution for our customers’ insurance needs is not only convenient; it reduces the potential for coverage gaps and allows their insurance program to grow as their business grows and diversifies.”
The BCT package is an integrated plan that offers:
- Excess Auto Liability, Heavy Equipment Physical Damage Coverage, Cargo and Commercial General
- Liability coverage combined in one policy to reduce gaps in coverage
- Coverage for terminals, warehousing, property, crime, environmental pollution and all other business insurance needs
- Optional per occurrence deductible on specified lines of business affected by a single claim
- Maximum limits applied to each line of business separately
- Cross border filings with 24-hour turnaround on U.S. filings to keep trucks moving across the border without delay at no additional cost
- Specialized transportation Claims professionals to help whether truckers are in Canada or the U.S. including a Major Case Unit for catastrophic losses
- Risk Services tools that can help assess hazards and recognize safe drivers
- Spill Reporting Online Service that provides direct access to a dedicated team for help with clean up and remediation of accidental releases of hazmat and other regulated materials.
The BCT package complements Zurich’s national Transportation Package policy and is a one solution, one claims managed process that is unique in the professionally managed transportation business in the province.
More details can be found at zurichcanada.com/transportation
About Zurich, Canada
Zurich Canada is a part of Zurich Financial Services Group, an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in North America and Europe as well as in Asia Pacific, Latin America and other markets. Founded in 1872, the Zurich Group is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland and employs approximately 60,000 people serving customers in more than 170 countries, including more than 9,500 employees in North America. Zurich Canada is focused on developing solutions for: large Canadian corporations; Canadian-based multinationals; customers in construction, transportation, manufacturing and environmental industries; and groups and associations in niche markets.
# # #