Zurich offers customized ocean cargo programs that insure goods in transit by sea or air from warehouse-to-warehouse. The basic ocean cargo policy covers ocean and air shipments, covering merchandise for physical loss or damage from external causes. Coverages can be expanded to include inland transit risks, including storage and processing, consignment property and goods in storage.
Zurich’s marine cargo solution will provide each of our customers a product that includes the following:
- Underwriting and coverage tailored for each individual risk with a focus on specific needs
- Transit insurance covering merchandise on a warehouse-to-warehouse basis as needed
- Enhancements to our basic ocean policy include:
- Domestic and foreign inland transit
- Warehousing/stock throughput
- Delay in start-up/business interruption
Zurich’s online ocean cargo certificate issuance system is a self-service tool that allows our customers to issue their own certificates of insurance.
- For returning customers with a user ID and password please click this link to access the system.
- To request access to issue ocean cargo certificates, please send an email.