Solutions for an evolving public sector
Zurich insures public sector needs dealing with property, casualty, crime, inland marine, errors and omissions, abuse and auto.
Security and privacyThe public sector collects and processes an increasing amount of data, putting sensitive information at risk. Zurich’s dedicated public sector specialists help assess, mitigate and manage risk to potentially reduce security breaches, and are industry leaders in breach insurance protection and data management solutions.
Zurich’s security and privacy insurance protection offers:
- Third-party coverage: Security and privacy liability coverage for regulatory proceedings with deference costs.
- Privacy breach costs coverage (available as a first-party option): Forensic investigation expenses for an entity’s computer system to determine the cause or extent of the privacy breach, notification costs, credit and identity monitoring costs, and certain legal and public relations expenses.
- Other first-party coverages (available as options): Business income loss and dependent business income loss coverage, digital asset replacement expense coverage and cyber extortion threat and rewards payments coverage.
- Access to risk management services, tools and information such as a breach coach consultation, news centre, incident roadmap, cost calculators, learning centre and Zurich Risk Services.
Directors and officers
Zurich offers directors and officers (D&O) liability insurance that can be customized to your organization’s needs. Our coverage will protect against alleged or actual breach of duty, neglect, error, misstatement or omission. A few of the many highlights of Zurich’s D&O coverage include:
- Additional limits for retired independent directors
- Environmental mismanagement coverage
- Coverage extensions for employment practices liability and fiduciary liability are available
Investing in environmental compliance and responsibility is key to long-term success for public sector entities. Zurich offers a variety of environmental insurance solutions to handle environmental liability issues. Coverage includes:
- Contractor’s pollution liability (CPL)
- $25 million capacity
Additionally, Zurich offers Z Choice™, which allows you to select only the environmental coverages you need for your property or operation — whether it’s clean-up costs, bodily injuries, business interruption, transportation or other coverages.
For public sector customers facing facility updates, expansion or construction, Zurich offers optional insurance solutions through our Construction unit. Zurich offers programs that provide coverages spanning subcontractor defaults, buildings, materials and equipment protection. Zurich’s suite of insurance products create holistic, integrated solutions for construction projects of all sizes. Our owner’s controlled insurance programs coverage offers:
- Builders risk and wrap-up liability
- Liability for third-party claims caused by covered pollution events at project sites (Contractor’s pollution liability)
- Liability arising out of negligence of design professionals (Owner’s protective professional indemnity)